Moved Me Mondays

Monday, November 01, 2010

My good friend and partner in youth ministry, Derry Prenkert, with his inside connections (aka Corey Mann) scored some VIP tickets to the "Story of Your Life" Tour with Johnny Diaz, Josh Wilson and Matthew West. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it's night so to have connections. We got to have a special meet and greet with Matthew West. The concert was totally amazing. The first half of the night featured music by all three musicians but the last half of the night was all stories behind the music of Matthew's new album which is pretty phenomenal.

I'll share more thoughts on this concert in the next few days and weeks but one cool thing was that Derry and I got to connect with a great friend and amazing artist/musician that we've had opportunity to do ministry with, Josh Wilson. His new song "I Refuse" is really messing me up lately. It's kind of a theme of some of the things that have been going on within our students and student ministry over the last few months and years. Doing nothing is not an option. Rather than tell you about the song check out the links below to hear the song and the story behind the song.





Check out the audio of "I Refuse" on Josh's myspace here.

I can't wait until Josh's new CD comes out. If it's anything like this song it's gonna be a pretty amazing album...just saying.

No comments: